Thursday, July 11, 2013

He's so Amazing!

I'm in awe most days! Totally amazed how a life can change in an instant. Jesus truly does keep his promises.

He said. "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. John 5:24

Having experienced this first hand, and knowing what it is Jesus did for me, I can't help but share when people who have known me or years, known my struggles and history, say, "You've changed." "You're different." and one of my favorites, "You are glowing".   It was nothing I personally did. He changed me in an instant. It took a little while to put my thumb on the change. One day I was sticking to a strict schedule of exercise and daily rituals and using oils and herbs to ward off anxiety, depression, panic attacks and daily suicidal thoughts that hit out of no where, to totally forgetting about them, not needing to take them. It was a full week before I noticed. When the realization hit, I was floored, and still am. 

How many times I begged, pleaded, threw myself on on the ground, to my knees and begged to have the weight lifted. Wondering what was wrong with me. Why was I given these things to deal with that would cause me to dread each day? Was there some sin I still needed to repent of before he could help me? It was like I was literally shoving these heavy burdens, these chains, onto Jesus but he was rejecting them. Was he "rejecting" them or was he unable to take them?

I had to take the journey I did to find Jesus. The real true Jesus. I am happy and free, in Christ!

1 John 4:18-19 NIV "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear,because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because He first loved us."


No comments:

Post a Comment